Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why Does The Web Like Cats So Much?


Git down from there, stinky!

Cats ignore us, vomit on our carpets, drag in horrible things, demand food, want affection on their terms and stay out all night. Is sharing undignified cat content online our way of getting our revenge on the species?

Despite many of us calling ourselves cat lovers, one theory that’s worthy of consideration (although many of us might not like it) is that we enjoy seeing cats virtually humiliated.

“Most of us who have dealt with cats know that cats are jerks, and while outright abuse is never popular, I think a lot of people just like to see cats get their comeuppance,” says Brad O’Farrell, writer for the Daily Squee, and creator of the Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat video.

“That’s probably why LOLcats are so popular. It’s both funny to pretend that a cat is actually riding an invisible bicycle and it’s enjoyable because the cat is being subjected to an acceptable range of humiliation — it’s funny but not abusive.”

Could be. maybe I like them because cats remind me of females; They're demanding, ignore you until they want something and look so fluffy and innocent when in reality they are deadly hunter killer machines. Plus they are sneaky! But cats take care of themselves pretty much. My cat goes outside when I leave for work, I just leave my garage door cracked open in case she wants to come back in and that's that.

Top 10 Funny Cat Vids on Youtube

This is my favorite. Pus pus finds out she's not really as clever as she thinks!

No comments: